Monday, March 14, 2011

Deactivation

I'm not sure why there was an extra Facebook account associated with my name, I may have begun the process years ago and the left it out in the cold.

I don't really like Facebook. I have friends who post almost minute by minute of their daily lives on the site. Sometimes it's kind of interesting. A friend was in Hawaii this weekend, enjoying the beach and laughing at the waves. Other than that, I hardly pay attention to Facebook.

So I closed down the second account, although once I realized I still had it, I was determined to do something fun, or stupid, with it. Then I realized I needed to clean out my studio, and remove trash from the landing to my bedroom that had been there since summer construction, I knew I would not have time to create some alternative life on Facebook and enjoy the good times that would surely bring. So I deactivated the account, which was not easy, screen after screen endlessly asks if you want to deactivate, are you sure you want to deactivate, here are some strange words and letters and if you type them we will be almost positive you want to deactivate, have you tried the new McDonalds breakfast combo before you deactivate, is there anyway we can talk you out of deactivating, was it something we said that caused you to deactivate...On and on it went.

Then it was gone.

1 comment:

  1. All social media is just another way to sell you shit.

    ReplyDelete