Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A good century

One of the first times I rode a bicycle 100 miles with a group of people was in Wenatchee Washington. Wenatchee is well known for a lot of things, Apples and Meth spring to mind, but I am sure there is something bad there too.

I drove out the night before, stayed in a terrible hotel, met a Mexican man named Hector and ate a lot of food. The next morning I woke early, did some stretching, rode my bike to the starting line, checked in and soon enough, was riding miles. It was a perfect day on a variety of fronts, not the least of which was actually riding the 100 miles.

So if you are the type of person who happens to be in Washington State in June, it might be a good time to start training. By June you could easily ride this ride. Heck, if I can do it, almost anyone on two wheels can do it, right?

Check the ride by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment