Monday, March 28, 2011

Cereal and forgiveness

This child of mine has been hiding things from me.

Oh wait, that almost sounds like a letter I may have received from a blog reader. Let's just run with that and see what happens.

Dear Matt,
This child of mine has been hiding things from me.


Yeah, that's not going to work, I mean, I could ramble on as if someone wrote me a letter about their child hiding things from them, but really, in almost any direction it gets gross and weird pretty quickly, with such a limited premise.

Now, in reality, my child, a child not sprung from my loins, but a child in all respects, has been hiding a computer file from me, one he created from something I created, so one is left to wonder who really owns anything.

Tonight I found out that he had two novels I wrote when I was stuck in a farmhouse during a particularly cold and gruesome winter in Upstate New York sometime after the last ice age. I have new plans for these novels and over the next few weeks, I think I will be able to show off a couple of revamped chapters.

There was something else I thought was equally important, but that thought, like my ATM pin, is lost for now.

1 comment:

  1. There always seems to be something else that was super very incredibly important, and then you forget what it was. Are you married? Is there someone who has to deal with this sort of fade on a daily basis? My heart goes out to her.

    ReplyDelete